Monday, August 9, 2010

Farm Boy Desserts


Name: Farm Boy Supermarket
Address: Various Location
Parking: Usually Avalible

Farm Boy Supermarket is a local grocery shop, so far I have only spot it in Ottawa. Their merchandise is said to be a bit pricier then Loblaws, but when they are on sale sometimes cheaper. They have better quality and fresher produce than Loblaws, perhaps that is what makes the price so different.

Their bakery section are name differently. I am not sure if that is own by another company. I have decided to try 3 of the items this time. Three for $7
Lemon Meringue Tart
It is very lemony and very sweet. I would prefer they take it easy on the citrus. The crust is nice and the filling is creamy as ever. It has exceed the expectation of grocery backery.

Apple Crumble Tart
I think the crust is the same as the Lemon Meringue Tart. It looks lovely, but I do not like apple crumble. Not to say it is not good, it is pretty good actually it live up to its look. Apple crumble is just not my thing.

Key Lime Tart
What can I say, it is Fabul-ious! The cream is fluffy, and not heavy at all because of the citrus twist. Like other Key lime tart very well balance. The sweet creamy filling paired together with coco tart crust is an amazing combination.

No comments:

Post a Comment