Sunday, August 8, 2010

Again-The Whalebone Oyster House

Name: The Whalebone Oyster House-The Sustainable Oyster & Fish Supply
Address: 504 A Kent Street
Hours: Thur thru Fri 10 - 6, Saturday 10 - 2
Contact: 613.231.3474
Parking: Available at the back of the store
Price: Lunch from $6-$9

This is my second time coming here. They are now open even on Tuesday and Wednesday. I try other things this time.
Mussel and Bacon Potato Salad.
The salad is made with red spicy cream sauce. The mussel is very tasty and fresh with the bacon and pepper bits. This potato salad is the gourmet version of a potato salad.

Cod Fish Sandwich $6
I have ask to separate it so it will not get soggy through time. The fish is again very fresh and spicy. You cannot go wrong with sauteed onions. My only complain is I wish the fish can be a bit bigger.

Ciabatta Bread
This is the base of all their sandwiches. However not every batch is made fluffy. For example, this time I found the bread not too fresh. It is quite hard in comparison to the first time I have it.

Oyster P-Boy $9
I LOVE this sandwich. The Oyster is so fresh and strong that I know will throw off some people. Again, the two Oyster is the right balance with the ciabatta bread. DELICIOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment