Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Whalebone Oyster House




Name: The Whalebone Oyster House-The Sustainable Oyster & Fish Supply
Address: 504 A Kent Street
Hours: Thur thru Fri 10 - 6, Saturday 10 - 2
Contact: 613.231.3474
Parking: Available at the back of the store
Price: Lunch from $6-$9

How crazy is it to travel a far distance just to get a lunch sandwich? Well, not too crazy if you are going for a Whalebone experience.
This is 100% a fish market, just happens to also make sandwiches. They provide a brown bag lunch special Thursday thru Saturday from 11am to 2pm. These sandwiches all serve with a square Ciabatta bread, dressed with ranch (i think) mayonnaise mix spread, lettuces and sauteed onion. Gumbo is also available now a day instead of clam chowder. There menu changes depending on the season of the produce.

Today I completely bail on my fitness plan. I had an Oyster-P-Boy Sandwich. For a person who loves to eat, I am ashamed to say, "I have never heard of P-Boy Sandwich".

Po-Boy Sandwich - basically it's a submarine sandwich serve with Louisiana French Bread which has an extremely crispy exterior but with soft and airy center, and is dressed with lettuce, tomato and mayonnaise.
It has a couple picnic table outside with some simple deco. Those are Oyster Shells holding the napkins down.
My illegal Filipino maid holding my sandwich.
They write your order down along with your name. A detail little thing that make you feel so personal.Oyster P-Boy $9
My huge Oyster sandwich just two of them, but man are they fresh and good. The only complain is one of them has bits of shell in it. Almost chip my teeth, but it will still be worth it for some good food.
Smoke Salmon Sandwich $7.50
I was told it is no competition to the P-Boy, but who can blame them, I am sure it is still very good. Whalebone smoke the salmon themselves.

Overall: Oh I have been craving for a second one every since, that is how good this is. Everything works for me the seafood, the brown bag, the none busy line up, the personal touch, and the price. I will definitely try out all the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment