Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Isobel & Co.


Name: Isobel & Co. Fine Baked Goods
Address: 117 Beechwood Ave. Ottawa
Hours: Closed on Monday or when sold out, Tuesday thru Saturday 10am to 6pm, Sunday 10am to 5pm
Contact: Phone: 613.742.0777 / info@isobelandco.com
Parking: Not Available, Street Parking or nearby mall
Price: 2.50+tax per cupcake (no tax when you purchase a dozen)

Let me tell you something about Isobel's cupcake, it is one of the best. The cake is moist and fluffy with a crispy top (either it is on purpose or it has been there for a long time, but I loved it). It is not too dry, so when you bite in it hardly any thing crumbles down. The icing is perfectly balanced with the cake. On top of all that, they look almost too lovely to be bitten by me!
My very first Isobel Experience. From the decor of the store to the design box, it is screaming "Eat Me" the whole time, so I eventually caved in, I cannot wait till I get home. These pictures are taken in my car. I parked outside a Tim Horton's but eating Isobel's.
Espresso
I believe it is Double Devil's Chocolate or something similar. But you get the idea, it is very chocolaty. They also comes with individual round holders, how cute is that.

Lemon Curt with a very refreshing sourly filling. Loved it all the way. Usually cupcakes are very heavy due to the butter cream, but with the lemon filling I feel like I could continue biting on more.
Cream Cheese Butter Cream (forgot the name) This is very very interesting. Because the icing is not butter cream, you can felt the texture of the entire cake. The butter and the egginess of the vanilla cake burst out right at you. Then the cream cheese flavor kicks in. The slight salty flavor gives that whole extra boost. It is heavenly! Like Japanese cheese cake, but cupcake style.

No comments:

Post a Comment